Friday, March 13, 2009

Wearing the Green over the Blue (WILDlife & St. Patrick's Day)

This week, I'm in love with Neko Case's new album, "Middle Cyclone." (It should read 4.5 out of 5 stars.)

Becca Lesser and I "Conquer the Kitchen" with a tasty, and potent, Baileys Chocolate Mousse Pie. (Sadly, I had no time to make the crust, but I did make the whipped cream from scratch.)





I offer a shorthand guide of place for good pub grub on University Avenue and Fourth Avenue. I won't be making friends with The Auld Dubliner or Gentle Ben's anytime soon. Then again, I doubt they even noticed me there unless I had a pint in hand. (Note: I don't drink.)

I contribute to this week's Mix, which is in honor of St. Patrick's Day and Irish performers. I recommend The Pogues' "Transmetropolitan" and Dexys Midnight Runners' "Jackie Wilson Said" and "Let's Make This Precious."

And now, spring break!

Tags: , , , , , ,


Powered by Qumana


No comments: